Master Bath Phase 5: The Big Reveal!

Stephen and I have waited 3 long years to be able to say this: The master bathroom is finally done!  You’ve seen the reno every step of the way, and now it’s time for some before and afters of my new favorite space.

When we moved in, the only thing our bathroom had going for it was a clean tub and toilet and new tile floors.  Shortly after this photo was taken, we started scraping popcorn ceilings.

It’s a fairly small space, so you can see most of the room from the doorway.  Here’s another view of the old vanity.  This area was quite dated and sported a stained countertop, 80s hardware and Hollywood lighting.  The vanity was definitely calling out for a facelift!

This off-white wall color was universal throughout our house when we moved in.  In such a small space, off-white seemed like a total waste of paint!

We’ve tackled this room from top to bottom over the past couple weeks.  We added board and batten to the walls, made a shower curtain, updated the vanity, brought in new lighting, and added accessories.  This project wasn’t without its hiccups, but all our hard work paid off in the end.

Welcome to our new and improved master bathroom!

The color palette was selected long before we put hammer to nail.  Since this room is open to our master closet, we knew the two rooms had to flow together.

We took out old countertop and replaced it with stained and sealed butcher block and a vessel sink.  The Hollywood strip light was replaced with an inexpensive brushed nickel light fixture, and our builder mirror bit the dust.  I love the beveled edge oval mirror we found to replace it!

This is the mister’s side of the sink, and since he loves to ride bikes I wanted his art to fit his favorite hobby.  I love the vintage vibe of this print – it works so well with the throwback feel of the vessel sink and oval mirror.

The cotton holders that sit on our built-in shelf are actually votive candle holders from Walmart. They were less than $1.50 each – not bad compared to the actual bathroom accessories priced $10 and up!

I found these 11×14 document frames at Target and was excited by how well they matched the stain we chose for our butcher block.

We decided to keep with the Euro-vintage vibe found in the bike art, so I selected a vintage Europe travel poster and aged map of the continent for this wall.

I know this piece is going to make me smile every morning!  It feels very happy and Mad Men-esque.

We held our breath when we had to put nails in our new board and batten, but luckily everything turned out ok.  Isn’t it cool how this piece seems to float off the wall?

Ahhh the vanity.  You might think I’m crazy for being giddy over this upgrade, but I can’t stop smiling when I see it!  That’s our original bathroom vanity, under 3 coats of white paint, with new hardware and a new countertop.  Kind of hard to believe, isn’t it?

Even though we tried to find an inexpensive way to add a second sink to this room, the one we ended up with will suit our needs much better than the old one did.  This sink is extra wide and allows enough counter space on all sides for us to both comfortably use the sink area at the same time.

When it comes to faucets, I definitely have a preference.  I like ‘em simple and streamlined.  That means no separate handles and no intricate details and especially NO clear plastic supposed-to-look-fancy knobs. This faucet will be a joy to use and to clean for years to come!

You can see our new bath towels in the reflection of the mirror in this shot.  We haven’t even gotten to use them yet, but I bet we’ll love them when we do!

Isn’t it amazing how paint and a bit of wood, nails, and caulk can totally transform a boring wall?  Can you even remember how dull this space looked before?

You’ll probably remember when we removed the awkward door between our bathroom and closet.  Now my pretty gray stripes get to come out and play with our pretty gray bathroom walls!

If you were to step into the closet and turn around, here’s the view you’d see now.

I was a bit nervous about having too many stripes in this space, but I think the vertical closet stripes and horizontal ones on our DIY shower curtain complement each other well.

Isn’t that a pretty sight? :)

We’re really happy with the lighting we chose for these rooms as well.  It’s tough to photograph, but in the reflection of our new mirror, you can see the matching Eden pendants in our bathroom and closet.  You’ll also notice I chose not to paint the ceiling gray – for now.  Who knows if I’ll change my mind down the road…

This is probably one of my favorite new views.  I have a feeling our built-in ledges will come in very handy in the coming years!

So there you have it.  Our long-awaited master bathroom reveal.  Every time I walk into this room I’m surprised at how calming the combination of gray, wood, white, and yellow can be.  I think it’s time to take it easy and just sit and stare for awhile – from a bubble bath in that tub!

Now that you’ve seen what we started with and where we’ve ended up, what do you think of our new bathroom?  Any experience with vessel sinks or butcher block in a bathroom? Have you tried our DIY shower curtain tutorial yet?  I’d love to hear your thoughts!

In case you missed any of our bathroom posts up to this point, here they all are for your viewing pleasure.  Thanks so much for your support!

The PlanPhase 0.5: Painting Trim
Phase 1: Demo
Phase 2: Board and Batten
Phase 3: Caulking
Phase 4: Vanity Info
Bathroom Lighting
DIY Striped Shower Curtain

Edited to add: Click here to see the budget breakdown for this makeover!

Linking: Centsational Girl

Photobucket

Fantabulous Friday! Domestically Speaking  http://www.thethriftyhome.com NightOwlCrafting

Transformation Thursday Photobucket A Crafty Soiree Creations by Kara HookingupwithHoH

Catch a Glimpse Button

Furniture Feature Fridays Chic on a Shoestring Decorating 504 Main

monogram

BWS tips button Bubbly Nature

The DIY Show Off Photobucket Roomspiration

This entry was posted in Before and After, building, master bath and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

138 Responses to Master Bath Phase 5: The Big Reveal!

1. Jodie says:

Gorgeous! Love the vanity area! I also love the color scheme, so bright and re-freshing!

Jodie

oh my effing god!!! (pardon the language). i want to move into your bathroom! how weird is that! it just seriously rocks my world.

Wow-ee!! I think I am in love. That space is just gorgeous! Everything turned out so beautifully. =]

4. Samantha says:

LOVE IT!! Ya’ll did such a great job and I love the flow from the bathroom to the closet!! I’m featuring this as my room of the day on my Facebook today!!

5. Angeline says:

Wow! Love your master bathroom!
    I especially love the remake of the shower curtain – clever!

6. Wow, what a great transformation!!! It must feel amaaazing to have it completed! That shower curtain is FAB!

7. mike @HA says:

The new bathroom looks so great! Standing ovation :) It give us lots of ideas for our (eventual) bathroom updates.

8. Ches says:

I am simply amazed with this room. I love every aspect from the butcher block counters, to the sunny shower curtain. You have excellent taste, come on over and help me decorate. I can usually see the vision but sometimes I have the hardest time making decisons. Thanks for sharing.

9. nikki says:

All of your hard work paid off! The bathroom is just the right amount of beautiful and fun. Great job.

This makes me want to finish painting our living room so that I can move on to the bathroom. Thanks for the motivation.

10. Autumn says:

Love it! Great job! The artwork is the perfect final touch!

11. IT LOOKS SO AWESOME!!!! Your color palette is perfect, and I love how you added interest with the striped shower curtain and board & batten – it gives the bathroom texture and a graphic punch without being too in your face. And I want a ledge, those look so handy! Now I want a gray and yellow bathroom. GREAT job!

12. Looks fantastic! Quite the difference from what you started with!

13. Candace says:

“You had me at Yellow.” (HA! GET IT!)

14. Pamela says:

This is absolutely gorgeous. This has to be one of the most creative bathroom redos I have ever seen! I love the colours, the sink and wood trim. Love the pendent lights too.
    Just an amazing job!!

Pamela:)

15. modern jane says:

Wowza! This is incredible! I love the pops of yellow.. so fresh and fun!

16. Leslie says:

Love it. Y’all did a great job. Just the right amount of class and edge. Chris and I have been discussing where to spend our money as we begin the house building process. We agree we want a big kitchen budget but we don’t want to spend a lot on bathrooms. I love how you proved you don’t have to spend a fortune on tile and fancy fixtures in the bathroom to get an awesome look – paint, color choices, and fabric go a long way!

17. Alaina says:

it looks incredible!! i especially love the picture of the bikes. it turned out beautiful, as usual!!

18. WOW Meredith! It is absolutely, positively gorgeous!!!

Pam

19. You did an amazing job!!! Love it!

20. Kim says:

Wow…turned out beautiful!! Love the yellow and the sink!! Enjoy!

21. Totally love that you jumped out of the box and went with the bright yellow. Everything is so eclectic and whimsical.

Take care,
    Lisa

22. Lauren says:

You know this – but it looks ah-mazing. I am seriously looking around our house for places I can put in board and batten. Great job!

23. Meredith it turned out AWESOME!!! I know you guys are so proud of it, and I’m officially jealous that you have such a pretty bathroom!!

24. Nicole W. says:

Your bathroom reno looks amazing, I love the look, the colors, the layout! Great Job, visiting from Night Owl Crafting.

25. WOW. You did a GREAT job on your bathroom! I would LOVE for you to link up at DIY Thrifty Thursday at Thrifty 101. :) http://thrifty101.blogspot.com/2011/03/diy-thrifty-thursday-9.html

26. Michelle says:

Yay its finished! What a difference, such a lot of work I know but well worth it. How nice to see the bathroom from the bedroom, it really flows. Grey and yellow are my fav colour combo, a perfect match like strawberries and cream!

WOW WOW WOW Looks fantastic you lucky thing you.. You both did such a wonderful job, you should be so proud..

28. artsynina says:

amazing! LOVE the yellow in there, and the sink, and the vanity…. just everything!

29. Jenn says:

Love. Love. Love.

30. Suzanne says:

I love how you handled the b&b behind the mirror. Looks fabulous!

31. Allisha says:

It is lovely! I hope you enjoy it everyday!

Where did you get the vintage travel poster?

32. megan says:

Wow!! I love the shelf on the b&b and the shower curtain is just fabulous!! You did such an amazing job, I totally need to get my butt in gear and update mine!

33. Kate says:

Gorgeous! I love what you did with the vanity – it’s beautiful.

34. This. Is. AMAZING. I love the transformation and the awesome (but surprisingly not overwhelming) pops of yellow. Swooning over your towels, BTW.

Great Job!

Emily

35. Irene says:

I

Love

This!

I am saving for inspiration for our bathroom, since it’s very similar to what I want to do.

36. Crystal says:

Love it! Great job. You should submit it to BetterAfter.

37. Jen says:

LOVE your bathroom! Wow! Okay, now I’m totally motivated to redo mine! Lots of inspiration! Great job! :0)

P.S. I’m a new follower!

38. radhika says:

Love the striped shower curtain and all the art work. The vintage bycicle one is my fav. Love the closet too! Beautiful transformation.

I am having a giveaway on my blog. $20 store credit from My Carrie Creations to get a backpack withyour kids favorite disney/other cartoon(Dr.Suess/Fancy Nanacy and more) characters. All you have to do is leave a comment.

39. Condo Blues says:

Simply gourge! I cannot get over how nice your painted vanity looks! It gives me hope for revamping my horrid builder vanity.

40. Love It! I remember the closet and they do flow .)

Stop by and feel free to link up to my MAKE & SHARE first edition friday and saturdays.

~Christy

41. Pingback: Master Bath: How We Saved by Doing it Ourselves | Welcome to Heardmont

42. wow. holy caroly wow. what a diffrence! It looks so good. I really love your curtain.

43. It looks awesome! Love the color palette! Thanks so much for linking up to my Catch a Glimpse party! :)

44. Love love love it! Especially the yellow & white stripes!

45. Jenny says:

Stunning! Absolutely beautiful work!

46. Cassie says:

One of the best bathroom reno’s I’ve seen in a long time! I absolutely love it, and think it’s such an awesome space with the closet. Well done!

47. Wow, what an incredible transformation. I love your board and batten…and your gray and yellow. This turned out beautiful!

48. I just followed you over from Modern Jane. What a gorgeous transformation. It’s fun and modern and fresh!

49. Lena says:

Love it all! It is amazing! You are a rock-star at design and remodel!

50. maridith says:

Fabulous! I love everything about this room. I love the shower curtain, the fixtures, the closet (so neat). Great job and what an inspiration.

51. Brandy J. says:

Following your blog and LOVING your bathroom. In another context that might sound weird, but here it is totally appropriate!

52. What a transformation! I love everything about this bathroom. Great job!

53. Jenae says:

I just love how this turned out! The curtain is amazing, and you’re right, totally complements the stripes in the closet! Bravo!

54. Chris says:

There is SO much going on, I can’t even pick a favorite part! I’m in love with everything! Your color choices, the sink, the b and b–it’s all so gorgeous. GREAT job!

55. This is such a fantastic before and after! I love the stripes. The counter was a great idea too. It all looks great.

56. That is just amazing. I love all the fun colors and that board and batten is just gorgeous. Awesome job!

Have a great weekend :)

57. Jennifer Jensen says:

ahhh! I am so jealous of your room. I love the stripes!

58. Excellent job!!! Love the color scheme and the board/batten looks amazing……….

59. Cheryl says:

meredith,
    youi and your husband did a wonderful job on the redo!
    I love the board and batten with the ledges. Your choices for the art and the towels really give the room that pop of color and interest.
    I also agree with you on the simple, streamlined fixture. That butcher block counter top is just beautiful!

60. Dave says:

The bathroom looks tremendous. I especially love the wood vanity top and the board and batten trim work on the walls. Great job.

61. casacaudill says:

Oh, wow. I just love it. We started doing board & batten in our (only) bathroom Thanksgiving weekend and have gotten about 1/2 done. We also painted our bathroom Zinc from Martha Stewart – without even knowing it, your room is my inspiration room. My husband really wants a vessel sink: I’m definitely showing him what you guys have done here as I think the white is better than the clear glass bowl he’s envisioning. Congrats on a project well done!

62. Lamb says:

I love, love, LOVE this! The yellow accents, the bicycle artwork – everything! If you get a chance, I’d love for you to link this up to my Not “Baaad” (get it?) blog hop, which features a competition for the Best in Show award :)

63. Hannah says:

Love, love, love your bathroom! I think you got in my head because I have been dreaming of a yellow and gray guest bathroom. I’m so glad you linked up!

Hannah

P.S. I already had your shower curtain tutorial saved under my favorites! I found you through another link party a few weeks ago :)

64. Tausha says:

This is fabulous! I love it all! I espesically love it because it is about the same size bathroom as my master. SOooo-guess who’s husband gets to see this little post and hear his whining wife say please…please…please!
    Great job!!
    Happy Weekend!!

65. Jane says:

LOVE your bathroom remodel! What a fabulous job you did. Question, where did you find those lights? I also love how you designed your closet to work with the whole space. Thanks for sharing such an inspiring remodel.

Jane
    Finding Fabulous

Hi Jane,
      To answer your question, the drum pendant lights are from CB2.com (they are the $50 Eden pendants), and the light fixture above the sink was from Home Depot. I budgeted a lot more than $50 for the main light in the room, so I was sooo happy to find a pendant that didn’t break the bank!

66. CAS says:

Wow, that’s such a great transformation! You certainly made a not so large space look very spacious. Everything works so well together. I’m a new follower & would love it if you followed back. Congrats on a project very well done!
    CAS

67. Courtney says:

Wow!! This bathroom came out fantastic!! I love what you have done- so many fantastic details and colors~ gorgeous! Well done! Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)

68. Courtney says:

FB highlight this weekend- Thanks again for linking up :)

69. Beckie says:

Oh Melissa…this is amazing. I want to throw rocks at my purple bathroom now. I love it. Love, love, triple love. I love how you thought through each detail of it. And your master closet how it ties in is unbelievable. You’ve got talent girl. When are you going to guest post on Infarrantly Creative? The world needs to see more of you. Hugs!

70. Shannon says:

This is absolutely FABULOUS. I love everything about it – the colors compliment each other so well! I’ll be dreaming of this one!

71. WOW and WOW!!!
    What a great makeover!!! I love the colors!!
    I love the yellow!!!

72. Love it! What an amazing transformation. I’m especially digging the foresight you had to raise the board and batten behind the mirror!

73. Yarnista says:

Absolutely love it! I am totally stealing your board and batten idea!

74. love the shelf on the b & b treatment…that’s one heck of an after!

thanks for linking to creative juice. hope to see you back this week!

75. Tracy says:

Can I ask how you did your vanity??? I have the same and have been wanting to “revamp” to white. Do I need to sand, or just paint a few coats???

Your bathroom is an inspiration for me to finally (after 6 years) change up my bathroom. Lurv it!

Hi Tracy,
      Thanks for your comment! To answer your question about our vanity – since the finish was not glossy at all when I started, I didn’t sand the vanity before priming. If it had been a high-gloss finish, I would have busted out the 180 grit sandpaper. I DID wash it down with soapy water and give it a good rinse before I painted (to remove 30 years of residue). I love KILZ2 Latex primer, and that’s what I used on the vanity as step 1. After that dried, I put on 2 coats of our white gloss paint. I didn’t sand between coats, but if the vanity had been rough-feeling after coat #1 I would have.

When we painted our kitchen cabinets, we took off all the doors, removed all the hardware, and carefully painted the cabinets and the doors inside and out. For this vanity, I just left the doors on and painted right over the hinges. Both sides of the doors are painted, but the inside shelves and drawers are still natural wood. Some may say it’s a sin to paint over hardware, but I wanted it done fast, and with a small vanity like this I wasn’t worried about it. :)

I hope that helps! Oh, and I used both a 6″ foam roller and a paintbrush to get in all the areas the roller wouldn’t fit. Happy painting!

76. Ellie says:

Wow! I love the butcherblock counters with the white vessel sink! Stunning! It’s funny–I had those same votive holders from Walmart for my qtips and cotton balls until we recently switched to mason jars. Great minds think alike! LOVE your bathroom!

77. Visiting from TDC… love the makeover! It looks great. I especially love that you reused the old vanity. It looks great and is completely transformed. Great job!

78. Sandi says:

Amazing! I want that exact bathroom in my new house!

79. Katie says:

AWESOME!!! This is my favorite color in the world, and my favorite pattern (bold stripes). I wanted to try this eact thing for window curtains, and now I think it will work, especially if I line the curtains or use a thicker fabric. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. I found your page on better After, and think your work is so beautiful and fun! I only wish this was my original idea, and not something I found online-hahaha! Love it!

80. Meredith, your bathroom looks amazing! I love the artwork and the colors, and well, everything about it! Your whole home is just gorgeous. I’d love to add some of your room images to my inspiration galleries and include you as part of a feature post. Let me know if you’re interested!

81. Hi, I just found you over at Thrifty Decor Chick – your bathroom is beautiful! You did a great job, both in the work and in the choice of colors. I know you are very, very happy with it – thanks for sharing with us!

82. Girlfriend…WELL DONE! That went from sad to HAPPY! You may already have this linked up, but if not…
    I would LOVE to have you link up to my PARTY! WHASSUP WEDNESDAY!!

And I have a party button you can grab and put on your blog so your friends can come too:)

*ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

xoxokara

83. Alana says:

It’s like you read my mind when you created this master bathroom! This is exactly what I want ours to look like…striped shower curtain, white board and batten with a beautiful shade of gray. I love how you added a ledge to the top of the board and batten to serve as a place to display your clear cups (vases?) that hold your cotton balls and q-tips! Bathroom essentials never looked so good! I’m featuring you in my Friday Favorites, so stop by ourtaylormadehome.com tomorrow!

84. Vanessa says:

It’s amazing! I love the painted closet, also. I have really been wanting to paint our closet, but just haven’t been really motivated to get it done! This is definitely inspiration for that! BTW- I’m a new follower!
    Vanessa

85. Gina says:

This is so impressive – I don’t even like yellow, I’m a taupe/burgundy/silver bathroom person, but I really love how you did this. Your closet is wonderful. Someday, when all these kids get grown, hubby and i will move the office out of our walk-in and have a REAL closet once more. Just beautiful!

86. Pingback: Friday Gratitude and Upcoming Projects | Welcome to Heardmont

87. oh.my.GOSH i love this bathroom! every detail is perfect – you guys did a great job! i was wondering if you’d share where you got your vintage europe map? i want to do a map project in my house and haven’t come across any cool vintage maps like yours. thanks!

Hi Jessica,
      Thanks so much for your comment! To answer your question on the map, I found it online at vintageprintable.com by searching for maps or vintage maps. The best part about Vintage Printable is that everything is free. :)
      I hope you find a map there you love!

88. Rachel says:

I am featuring this today at the Project Party Weekend!!! This is so amazing… I like everything about it! Great job!

89. oh and i forgot to add that i’m your newest follower – can’t WAIT to see what else you guys come up with! we’re moving into our new house soon and i can’t wait to start designing again – i’m seeing tons of inspiration here already! :)

90. Pingback: Exploring Flooring {in our bathroom} | Welcome to Heardmont

91. Bella says:

Ok this is my future DREAM bathroom, seriously. I can’t believe how happy it makes me. I ADORE your curtain, and EVERY single thing you’ve done.

I love the view from the closet, to the closet, the art, the lights, the paint, the TOWELS, oh they are lovely.

The only thing I want to know, HAVE to know, is the final budget, how much did all this cost. Please give me hope that I too can have my bathroom look this fabulous.

I am FEATURING this on my facebook page, AND have added it to my PINTEREST board – COOL ROOMS .

I am your newest follower, and drooler, and possible stalker, you rock girl, and hubby is great too, sorry hubby, giving all the credit to your beautiful wife, I know you have been there every step of the way too, hehe.

I’d REALY love if you linked this up. Stop by anytime to say hello!!!
    Hugs,
    Bella :) **AMAZE ME AUGUST** @ Bella Before and After

92. Ruth Yoder says:

awesome!! the curtain is the best! where did you get it??

93. Pingback: Guest Blogger: Meredith from Welcome to Heardmont | It's Great To Be Home

94. Pingback: Tutorial: I Heart My State Painting | Welcome to Heardmont

95. Wow!! What an amazing transformation!! You took this space from drab to FAB-U-LOUS!!! I love the board & batten and I LOVE the colors!! Great job!!

96. kristy says:

I love everything you did for this bathroom! We are getting ready to transform our tired 70′s bathroom, and this is very inspiring!

Where did you get your sink?

Hi Kristy,
      I’m glad you found something inspiring here to use when you start your bathroom update! The sink, faucet, and countertop are all from Ikea. The nearest one to us is 6 hours away in Dallas, so it was quite the trip but well worth it to get the look we wanted in our bath!

• Sarahbee says:

The faucet is from ikea? I thought maybe you got the faucet from a different store just from the look of it. For some reason i heard that ikea faucets/plumbing were hard to install. Was it fairly easy?

Another question: How is the butcher block with poly holding up to the bathroom moisture/toothpaste/mouthwash/soap? Do you have to be particularly careful? I love the look!

Beautiful beautiful!! We have a 50′s ranch in Chicago that we have been revamping since last summer… the bathroom has been very slow going… Our vanity is almost the same as yours! So I really appreciate the ideas :)

97. This is really an amazing transformation. I love everything about it, from the wood countertop, to the light, to the shower curtain. You did a fabulous job on it!!

I hope you’ll come link up to the Sunday link party at Addicted 2 Decorating!

98. Bella says:

Hey girl, you know I already told you how much I adored this beautiful bathroom. I featured it already on facebook, and pinterest.

I loved it so much I FEATURED you on my blog too, I hope it puts a smile on your face. Thanks so much for linking up to my party, and REALLY hope you come join us again. I LOVE seeing your incredible decorating style.

Come grab a button girl, and display it proudly!

**Features from week #33 & #34** @ Bella Before and After

Thanks girl :)

Hugs,
    Bella

99. Kacey says:

Lovely! Love that yellow!

100. LOVE LOVE LOVE your bathroom! And definitely not too many stripes! They play off each other so well, and I just love yellow and grey together! I have a yellow and grey office that I am working to add more grey into. :)

Can’t wait to work on my master bathroom and maybe come up with a result like yours! You guys did a stunning job and it was so fun coming along for the ride!

101. Jennifer says:

I’m seriously in love with how you converted your vanity to a modern one! I’m going to have to convince my husband to do this in our master. We just re-stained our cabinets but I’m dying for a counter-height sink in there. I would have NEVER thought to do this! Beautiful!

102. Pingback: An Old Pendant Light Gets New Life | Welcome to Heardmont

103. Krista says:

Hello! I just wanted to thank you SO much for posting about your bathroom remodel. I found it via Pinterest, and my husband has remodeled our bathroom with yours as inspiration! Thank you for posting your design ideas and tips. Here’s a peek at our new and improved bathroom:

104. That trim is just perfect in here. I can hardly believe its the same space. You are one talented woman.

105. Pingback: Guest Room: Free Art | Welcome to Heardmont

106. Trude says:

Came here from Curbly and couldn’t believe my eyes! This may be the loveliest bathroom makeover I’ve seen in a long time! Congrats and I hope you’ve been enjoying. :)

107. Sara says:

I just wanted to say that your lovely photos (and the relative simplicity of each step) inspired us to redo our own bathroom in the same way. Our countertop was new, but the walls were dull, and using your technique really brought life to the bathroom! We did the firring, battens and little shelf on the top, along with some new fixtures and a shower curtain sewn from a Ross sheet set (great idea on the sheets!). Our total cost was around $90, since we didn’t redo the sink.

Thank you so much. It’s my kids’ bathroom and they are very proud of their ‘fancy fancy bath’ as my daughter puts it that they get to mess up with water and soap every other night.

Best, Sara

108. Really appreciate you linking up this great bath post at the Roomspiration blog party. Btw, I am admiring all your creativity in your blog so may I invite you also to join us at Creative Bloggers’ Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

109. WOW!!! It really looks amazing! You paid so much attention to the details. It really shines. I love the board and batten wall treatment. I found you through Roomspiration Link Party. So glad I did:) I joined as a follower. I hope you visit The Corson Cottage sometime and consider following:) Carrie

110. Pingback: Fabulous Bathroom Before and Afters | The Design Tree by Greentea Design

111. Pingback: Guest Bath: Addressing the Vanity (Part 2) | Welcome to Heardmont

112. Karena says:

Gorgeous redo!

Did you give details on the gray color? Did I just miss it? I would love to know the brand and color, please. Thanks.

113. Pingback: Master Bathroom Redesign {Welcome to Heardmont}

114. Pingback: Our Bathroom Hits the Big Time | Welcome to Heardmont

115. Molly says:

I LOVE this bathroom!! I really want to copy the board and batten idea as well as your paint color (fabulous!). Our bathroom has almost the exact same layout as yours, however, we have a wall opposite our toilet rather than a closet :) . The wall we have opposite the toilet and sink has a small baseboard heater (yuck). Any suggestions on how we can do the board and batten idea around the baseboard heater? I’d love any help you can offer–love your ideas!

116. Leslie says:

Could you tell me where you found those matching light fixtures. I have been looking for something exactly like that with little luck. I love yours and I love your bathroom redo.

117. Pingback: Harvest Gold Bathroom – Pick My Presto | The Lettered Cottage

118. Pingback: A complete bathroom makeover for only $500

119. Pingback: Five Fabulous Bathroom Makeovers

120. Pingback: Projects, projects everywhere! | wherelovemeetslife

121. Pingback: Bathroom Makeovers– “Create and Share”

122. Lindsey says:

So lovely and modern! Can you tell me what the green paint color is that you used?

123. Teri Allen says:

You’ve inspired me…I’m going to do it! My vanity is like your’s was – old builders…so thank you so, so much!

124. Pingback: Amazing Master Bath Reveal!!!! | beautifullyredone

125. Pingback: Master Bath: More stripes | sassy. happy.

126. Pingback: A Great Way to Start the New Year! | Welcome to Heardmont