Sprucing up with a Roman Shade

You might remember the dining room curtains I made out of a sheet awhile back.

If you recall, I mentioned that I still had some sheet fabric leftover to make a matching window treatment for my kitchen.  Well, (several months later) I finally got around to making the companion window treatment over Labor Day weekend!

Because my dining and kitchen are open to each other, with all the windows on one long wall, I knew I’d have to use the same fabric for all the window treatments.  I think the roman shade is more appropriate for the kitchen though, since it’s a much higher traffic area and floor-length curtains didn’t make sense.

This is a faux roman shade.  I’ll have to write up a little post on how I made it, but I couldn’t wait to share these photos with you!

Just for laughs, do you want to see what our kitchen used to look like?

Big improvement, no? :)

I’m linking up to Shanty2Chic, Tools are for Women Too, Remodelaholic’s Anonymous, Show and Share Day, Frugal Friday and Show Off Sunday!

toolsareforwomentoo

This entry was posted in Before and After, Home Decor, kitchen and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Sprucing up with a Roman Shade

1. Desiree says:

Great idea! I want to make a roman shade for our playroom but the window is quite wide. How did you make it? Can you possibly send me the tutorial or template that you used if you used one? Thanks!

-Desiree

2. Casey says:

I like the “made it without my hubby” button! and I miss the faux stripper pole in your old kitchen lol!

3. Cara says:

Oh man, you are a visionary! I forgot how ‘retro’ your old kitchen was. Your bar looks really cute all set. I’ll be right over for a glass of wine.

I remember you guys thought we were crazy when we showed you the house for the first time! Come on over any time (though I must admit, we ran out of wine, so that’s actually Coke in those glasses! whoopsie) :)

4. Looks great! I would love to see the tutorial of how you made it:)

5. Brandy says:

Wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and your sweet comment. I am in love with the curtain fabric!!! What’s it called? Where did you get it?

6. Rachelle says:

Great shades! I love that you made them out of sheets, so creative. And what a kitchen makeover- awesome!

7. Laurie says:

I’ll be back to get the details on that roman shade! I love the fabric and your kitchen redo is great!!

8. What great shades you made. I love the fabric, what a great deal from Big Lots. I love that store. Please stop by my blog on Sunday for my Show Off Sunday Party. I would love to have you share this great project with my readers. Thanks :)

9. Thanks for stopping by my Show Off Sunday Party. I look forward to seeing you next Sunday!!

10. Laura says:

Love the paint color in this room! Would you be able to tell me the manufacturer and name of the color?

11. Pingback: Kitchen Decor Ideas | kwikdeko